|This wiki is no longer used.
The Eco wiki has moved to: https://wiki.play.eco/
As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Plants and trees will not grow in polluted areas, but some plants are more resistant to pollution than others.
The sources of pollution and the spread of the pollution can be inspected on the Map using layers.
Types of pollution[edit | edit source]
Ground pollution[edit | edit source]
Ground pollution includes water and spreads using the rules of hydrology, and "seeps" into nearby blocks.
Ground pollution is caused by:
- Tailings - A byproduct from Smelting.
- Garbage - Created when a player throws items on the ground.
- Sewage - A byproduct from Smelting at a Blast Furnace. It can be transported through Pipes.
Ground Pollution Example[edit | edit source]
Air pollution[edit | edit source]
Air pollution spreads through the air, and has the same effects on the fauna and flora as ground pollution, but is quick to dissipate if given time.
Also increases PPM of CO2 in the atmosphere. When PPM reaches 400 the sea level will rise 1 meter and another meter for every 25 PPM after that.
Air pollution is caused by:
- Smog - Smog is caused by the burning of fuels at Crafting Tables, or by the use of Vehicles. It can be transported through Pipes.
Prolonged air pollution can lead to sea level rising, which is devastating and is permanent.
Air Pollution Example[edit | edit source]
A Blast Furnace creating smog while in use
See Also[edit | edit source]
See also list Category: Objects causing pollution.
History[edit | edit source]
- Beta 8.0.0, Introduced Plumbing to ECO allowing the transfer of Water and Sewage through Pipes.
- Beta 7.2.x, Introduced Pipes to transport Smog.