Question: I've started uploading new images for skills but a lot of them use duplicate images. I'm not sure if I should create the new file page anyways assuming the image may change in the future (seeing that 6.4.X has to offer a new skill layout and potentionally new images) or just use redirects to another skill that uses the image (like Campfire Cooking < Speed / Efficiceny). Can one redirect or remove an image that's already uploaded and point it to a newer version (Campfire Cooking is a good example here too)?
- I'm not quite sure what you mean. You can create redirect pages for files just as you would for normal pages, if that's what you're asking. For example, File:Redirect-testing.jpg on Wikimedia Commons redirects to File:Mount-Yamnuska2-Szmurlo.jpg on Wikimedia Commons. TheSatanicSanta (talk) 22:29, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
- I've sorted it out. It was mainly if I've uploaded an image for one skill, then ran across another which would use the same image. Side note: when do admins run through and audit the deletion suggestions? Saw a few posted in Q2 of 2017 that are still around :P TreeNuts0 (talk) 04:14, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
Install Approved Revs and remove Flagged Revs[edit source]
Hi, we'd like to install the Approved Revs extension, and get Flagged Revs uninstalled. I believe Game widow helped us out to get Flagged Revs installed just a few days ago. We now realize that Flagged Revs is too complicated for this small wiki, and Approved Revs will do essentially the same thing without creating as many new user rights, roles, and special pages. Thanks! --Nesphit (talk) 05:35, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
Hello TheSatanicSanta, I was wondering if I'm able to upload images to the item/objects infoboxes, I have a list of items that i want to add. I also wanted to ask if you guys need some help with anything coding related, like fixing the Template:RecipeTable or maybe making the mobile version of the WIKI less "wonky". --Martinkors (talk) 10:20, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
- I would assume that I just upload a file with the same name as the page's/item's name right? --Martinkors (talk) 10:36, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
- Well, you do have the right to upload files. I would get in contact with Nesphit because I don't really know the wiki's specific content guidelines or procedures. As for mobile, I have it on my very long todo list to fix up the mobile skin so I should get to it at some point in the future. TheSatanicSanta (talk) 21:00, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
Editing Infobox's[edit source]
Hi, How does one edit the info inside infobox's?? I would like to add info about items in the game, but when I go to Template:Infobox_Item there is really not anything there that looks like I can edit about specific infoboxes.
Help much appreciated --Elendu
- Do you mean editing what kind of values there can be within an infobox, or editing the values in an infobox on a given page? TheSatanicSanta (talk) 16:25, 2 May 2020 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for the reply. I am trying to figure out a bit about infoboxes, to start with how to add/edit the info inside of them (like for items, what space they take up, image that is attached, weight, etc.) Many items have blank values! Then once I get the hang of that, maybe tweek some of them that are lacking in the types of info they provide.
My problem, is that I cannot find a page that looks like it stores the actual data values for each item! Any help is greatly appreciated! -Elendu
- Ah, okay. So on this wiki, the way it's set up is there is a Lua module that contains all the data for items. Because modules can only be edited by admins, you can request the needed changes on the talk page for the module. Also, you can sign your name with
~~~~and it will generate a timestamp and proper links, as you can see with my signatures. TheSatanicSanta (talk) 18:54, 11 May 2020 (UTC)